Thank you all for visiting, reading and sharing the news with me on the Fukushima Appeal Blog. I’ve kept it running since February 2012. Unfortunately, I will need some break now to attend to some of my health issues.
I would like to thank this blog and its supporters for giving me an opportunity to become a part of the slowly awakening global community during this very important time of global change. I had zero knowledge of nuclear before the Fukushima disaster, and was and still am a just normal citizen. It’s been hard to see Japan becoming a criminal, immoral and authoritarian country since the Fukushima Disaster. So it’s been a huge awakening and healing process to have a platform to speak out instead of feeling powerless, angry and sad about it. With the new secret law that is going to be introduced in Japan soon, Japanese people will need more help than at any other time in its history from foreign bloggers, doctors and scientists. Please remember Fukushima. I hope that the more difficulties we may encounter, the stronger and connected we will become to fight against injustice and be able to act from our heart space. (Mia)
日本の皆さん、がんばってください。 再稼動反対、子供を守れ！ １ｍＳｖ／ｙの約束を守れ！
For more Fukushima update go to: www.nuclear-news.net, http://fukushima-diary.com/, https://www.facebook.com/fukushima311watchdog, http://enenews.com/, http://www.fukuleaks.org/web/, http://www.nuclearhotseat.com/ http://ex-skf.blogspot.co.uk/
Petition: Support Mari Takenouchi and Radiation Protection
日 本の皆様へ、個人的な感情面から、竹ノ内真理さんのことを批判したい方は、すでにそうしたのだから、これからは、その時間とエネルギーをエートス批判に向 けるべきではないでしょうか？ そしてボランテイアで、海外に向けて、英語発信する真理さんは、海外の情報源にとって、貴重な存在だと思います。 (Mia)
Urgent Petition: ttp://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ask-japanese-government-promise-for-necessary-aid-for-children-who-are-still-exposed-radiation-more-than-1msv-year-3
“I hope that every child in Japan is given comprehensive thyroid blood testing including at the minimum TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and thyroid antibodies. Their thyroid function should be regularly tested on an ongoing basis. “ By Dana Trentini http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/thyroid-testing-for-japanese-children.html
*latest Fukushima Thyroid examination results released on Nov 12. (Complete English translation) (Source) http://fukushimavoice-eng2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/thirteenth-prefectural-oversight.html
National Parents Network to Protect Children from Radiation
*Fuel Removal From Fukushima's Reactor 4 Threatens 'Apocalyptic' Scenario In November, TEPCO set to begin to remove fuel rods whose radiation matches the fallout of 14,000 Hiroshima bombs
*Kashiwazaki Nuclear Plant: Fukushima Governor stands in the way to stop restarting! 柏崎原発：再稼動させないよう立ちはだかる新潟県知事泉田氏 http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/kashiwazaki-nuclear-plant-fukushima.html
*Statement: Japanese civil society requests that the reports of the United Nations Scientific Committee on Fukushima be revised 日本の６４の市民団体が福島事故に関しての国連科学の報告内容を改訂するよう要請 www.http://hrn.or.jp/eng/a tivity/area/worldwide/japanese-civil-society-requests-that-the-reports-of-the-united-nations-scientific-committee-on-fukus/
Anand Grover, Esq., UN Special Rapporteur on the right to health, criticizes UNSCEAR report on Fukushima -10/24/2013 (1 of 4)国連「健康に対する権利」の特別報告者のアナンド・グローバー氏: 国連科学の報告を批判 Video - http://vimeo.com/78483070 October 24, 2013 (NYC, NY)
*Medical experts criticize UNSCEAR report for playing down consequences of Fukushima nuclear accident ドイツの専門家が国連科学の報告書を、｢福島事故の影響を過小評価している｣と批判! http://www.save-children-from-radiation.org/2013/11/05/medical-experts-criticize-unscear-report-for-playing-down-consequences-of-fukushima-nuclear-accident/
*Frightening Report from the UNSCEAR (The United nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation ＵＮSCEAR-国連科学委員会による、恐るべき報告。http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/frightening-report-from-unsear-united.html
*Heavily Criticized Recent WHO Report on Health Risk Assessment from the Fukushima Disaster 厳しく批判された最近の福島事故による健康被害についてのＷＨＯ報告 http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/who-report-on-health-risk-assessment.html
*UN Report – Japanese Delegation to The UN Spreads Lies and Deception! 国連報告書２０１３年４月 国連への日本政府代表団のうそとごまかし！ 抗議締め切り5月17日！ http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/un-report-japanese-delegation-to-un.html
*まとめ：国連報告書２０１３年４月 国連への日本政府代表団のうそとごまかし！ 抗議締め切り5月17日！http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/un-report-japanese-delegation-to-un.html
*A letter to all young athletes who dream of coming to Tokyo in 2020 東京オリンピックを目指している若い選手の方々へ Some Facts You Should Know About Fukushima 0.086Bq/kg was normal amount of ionizing radiation in fish before the Fukushima accident. Now it is 100Bq/kg 1160times more radioactive. http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/a-letter-to-all-young-athletes-who.html
Fukushima Petitions ☢ Please Sign and Share! Japan needs Worldwide Help NOW! Stop Fukushima Radiation – UN Action Needed
Mobilize the U.N. Security Council to declare Fukushima a global emergency;
*Tokyo radiation is worse than Gomel - Mika Noro’s speech on the impact of radiation in Japan http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/tokyo-radiation-is-worse-than-gomel.html
*Police arrest animal rescuers inside Fukushima evacuation zone — “They cannot be contacted and are being charged with crimes” http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/police-arrest-animal-rescuers-inside.html
Resistance posted by Ian Thomas Ash, a director of Fukushima Documantary Film "A2-B-C"
… As one does not train with weight that is too light,….. And as I write this, I realize something for the first time: the more I embrace the resistance, the more I am becoming it. http://ianthomasash.blogspot.jp/2013/11/resistance.html
*Fukushima Farmers negotiate with Japanese Government/Tepco 福島農家の若者、政府と東電に対して勇気ある発言 http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/fukushima-farmers-negotiate-with.html The current government limit is 100Bq/kg... 0.1Bq/kg for cesium in rice before the Fukushima disaster. … We feel guilty about growing it and selling it...
*Atomic bombs survivors received fair compensation, not so in Fukushima!
The Japanese Gov recognizes radiation related illnesses! http://fukushimaappeal.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/atomic-bombs-survivors-received-fair.html
Sunday, 10 June 2012
APPEAL FOR A NUCLEAR MORATORIUM IN JAPAN AND FOR THE IMMEDIATE REMOVAL OF NUCLEAR FUEL FROM THE FUKUSHIMA PLANT
This appeal aims to break through the wall of silence outside Japan that surrounds the catastrophe in Fukushima. The present Japanese government, guided by Prime Minister Noda, has de facto retreated from the desire expressed by his predecessor after the catastrophe to lead the country away from its dependence on nuclear energy, but among the public the debate is strong and opposition to nuclear energy is on the rise.
On an international level we are led to believe the accidents were trifling, that the situation is under control and the consequences for the Japanese population are minimal.
But the situation is totally different:
- in the three reactors in operation at the moment the accident occurred, the quantity of molten fuel -- which leaked from the vessel in unit 1 -- is greater than that of all previous accidents, and is completely uncontrollable. To state that "cold shutdown" has been achieved in the damaged reactors is senseless, inasmuch as that definition refers only to a core which is intact, while it turns out that the cores of units 1, 2, and 3 are partially or totally molten, with such a loss of control parameters that it cannot be excluded that they might achieve criticality configurations and locally uncontrolled chain reactions.
- The situation in the spent fuel pools has not been set right, and with repeated tremors of considerable intensity there is the risk that a new accident might be brought about with extremely grave and unforeseeable consequences, also because the fuel rods have been stored in higher-density racks. A group of experts from the Japanese Cabinet Office holds it likely that in the next few years an earthquake of magnitude 9 may occur in the ocean fault line and a tsunami with exceptionally high waves could strike not only the Fukushima utility but many others, too.
- The situation in the north-east region of the country is still extremely worrying: the seriousness of the radioactive contamination, regarding which the Japanese authorities from the outset implemented a cover-up operation, is showing no signs of abating; thousands have been uprooted from their homeland forever (including those transferred -- some on their own initiative -- from the polluted zone of Fukushima), have lost their livelihoods and prospects for the future, and live in distressing uncertainty.
- The Japanese government, however, has minimised the seriousness of the contamination, has raised the limit of contamination for children, and shown itself to be much more worried about restoring apparent normality rather than safeguarding the health of its citizens.
- On May 5th the last of the 50 commercially-operating nuclear reactors in Japan was idled for its periodical inspection (which this year includes tests and adjustments as a result of the Fukushima accidents) without compromising the supply of electrical energy to the country. Now a decisive contest is about to take place because, faced with the government and the nuclear industry's desire to reactivate the plants as soon as possible, a strong opposition on the part of the citizens is rising up.
We hold that these issues do not regard only Japan, but the whole international community, so we demand the Japanese authorities:
- do not reactivate the currently idled nuclear reactors;
- intervene urgently to remove the fuel rods from the seriously-damaged pools and transfer them elsewhere;
- make immediate, even if belated, provisions for the evacuation of children from the contaminated zones;
- foster the institution of an international, interdisciplinary authority, under the aegis of the UN, to provide a solution to the situation in Fukushima, given the incapacity demonstrated by TEPCO to deal with the incident.
The government and nuclear power group are trying to restart Oi nuclear power plant in Fukui prefecture on the Japan Sea with a reason they claim that there would be a shortage of electricity otherwise. However there is an official report which says only 4% would not be enough at the peak during hot summer if Kansai electric company buys it from the other regions which would be easily done if they wanted. Japanese people managed to save 15% of electricity last summer. So it won’t be that difficult for them to save 4%. (Mia June)